How Much Replacement Vinyl Windows Really Cost
If you’ve ever considered getting replacement vinyl windows for your San Diego home, you know how expensive they can be. Why are replacement windows so expensive? Are there ways to save money without sacrificing quality? Keep reading to find out.
There are three main factors that influence how much replacement windows cost:
- The number of windows that need to be replaced
- The type of replacement windows chosen
- The difficulty level, or amount of labor, the installation requires
Unless you’re building or buying a new home, you don’t have much control over how many windows needs to be replaced, since you can’t control how long it takes windows to age or how many windows your home has. While you can shop around for good deals on window contractors, you also don’t have much control over how much the labor and installation will cost. So, if you’re hoping to save money on your replacement windows you have to control what kind of windows you choose.
You can save money on what kind of replacement windows you choose by:
- Going with function over fashion. Custom windows cost more money, and functional energy efficient windows can help save you money on your energy spending.
- Simplicity is key, since trendy or fancy windows come with big price tags. It’s also easy to add decoration to simple windows on a budget.
- Choose longevity in material. Wood windows take a lot of maintenance and money, while vinyl windows are cheaper, easier to care for, and very energy efficient.
However, it’s important that you don’t cut corners on safety and energy efficiency. Vinyl windows are often the best choice as they meet all these criteria.
If replacement windows still seem too expensive, keep in mind that they can help you save money in the long run through:
- Lowered Energy Bills
New windows make your home more weatherproof so your heater or air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard. This lowers your energy bill to save you money and help protect the environment.
- Energy Efficiency Incentives
Federal, state and local governments often offer tax credits and subsidizations for energy efficient replacement windows.
- Maintenance Costs
Modern replacement windows are easier to clean and maintain than older models, so you’ll spend less time and money on maintenance.
- Increased Home Value
Replacement windows greatly increase your home’s value. This will get you more money if you ever choose to sell, or save you money if you ever refinance.
Yes, replacement windows can be expensive. However, if you choose energy efficient vinyl replacement windows you will save some money in the long run. Get a free quote for your Windows. Call us at (619) 583-7171 to find out more about our energy-efficient window replacement services, or request your free, no-obligation estimate by completing our quick online form here! We have years of replacement and vinyl window experience and would be glad to work with you to find the best windows for your budget.