Old or outdated windows affect the curb appeal and the entire house looks and feels tired. Old windows do not protect the homeowners from the elements. They let the air in and out and make HVAC systems work harder, which shows on the energy bills.
When homeowners start thinking about replacing their windows they realize that even though it is a quick remodel, it is not an inexpensive one. So the homeowner is left with a dilemma: replacing the windows immediately improves the homes appeal, value and can save the homeowner hundreds of dollars monthly, but they are costly and it is hard to predict the exact cost without the in-home consultation from a window contractor.
How Much Are Replacement Windows?
Windows prices vary. Replacement window prices vary from $650 to $1500 on average per window, but what about the actual prices? There are a few factors to consider. Different window types, for example, will have different price tags. The average energy efficient window will cost about $550 and at the same time the average bow window could go up to $3000. It helps to know these averages, but it is impossible to calculate the exact prices without first determining the types of windows you are looking for.
If you would like to just calculate the averages for the standard-sized windows available on the market today, consider that you will pay approximately $650 per window. How many windows do you have in your house? If you have 10 standard sized windows in your home, you will pay approximately $6500, but that is on the lower end. The high end windows or custom windows will double the cost.
What Determines the Window Cost?
There is a number of factors you should consider. Windows have multiple variations that might add to the price. Here are some of them:
- Window Brand;
- How Many Widows You Are Replacing?
- What Is the Size?
- What Are the Windows Made of?
- What Type of Glass Is Used?
- Are They Single-Pane or Dual Pane?
- How Much Is the Installation?
Is It Possible to Save Money on Replacement Windows?
Windows are supposed to last for decades. They are a substantial expense, but they are also a significant home improvement. Since windows are expensive it is tempting to buy lower quality windows, but we advise you against it. You will spend thousands of dollars anyways and the windows won’t be very efficient and won’t last as long as they should.
Still there are some tactics you could apply to save money on your replacement windows. Here are a few things we have seen our clients do to realize savings.
- Buy in bulk. You will pay less when replacing all windows in your home at once. It is also very rewarding and enjoyable to look at your home with new windows in every room.
- Window manufacturers often run special seasonal promotions. Do a research and take advantage of them. Window contractors occasionally offer military or senior discounts.
- If you install energy efficient windows you can apply for a special home improvement financing. It might offer better rates than a personal loan and you might be eligible to write the interest off on your taxes.
- Always work with a reputable certified window contractor, like Clear Concepts Window and Door. Our experts will ensure you purchase the right product for your home and the installation will be done right the first time.
Call Clear Concepts Window and Door at (619) 583-7171 to find out more about our energy-efficient window replacement services, or request your free, no-obligation estimate by completing our quick online form here! We have years of replacement and vinyl window experience and would be glad to work with you to find the best windows for your budget.